Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Novel in a Nutshell






Hard at work on my novel this morning.  I'm having an absolute ball doing this! I have no idea why I didn't try it before.  Thanks, Anthony and Andrew, for nudging me into it.  I have three sets of diverse characters moving along the road to a date with destiny.  I do hope it doesn't turn out to be total literary tripe, but it is a lot of fun getting them there.  I have no idea what is going to happen to them, either along the way or once they arrive at their destination.  They have already brought in characters of their own which I didn't know about when I started, as well as situations I would never have suspected. 

I just read one passage to Laura and it was powerful enough to make her cry.  That was amazing.  

An animal character has appeared and I have no idea what her plans are, either  She's shadowing a guy named Frank who has hit the road in a camper after some serious personal disappointments.  She was definitely not in my original plans.  I have no clue what she's up to, but I think she's got his best interests at heart. There is an element of magic in the book, and she is most likely connected to it.  She's a raven. 

One of the other characters has a friend I was not aware of when I started, who has just become a major player, much to my surprise.  I guess she's on her way to the Lucy Redfish, too. 

Our regional version of NaNoWriMo, the Nashville group, has decided we will all incorporate something about pirates into our novels.  I already have mine in there -- just worked its way right in at the right spot.

My blogs will be short this month until the magnum opus is finished, and then December will be for editing. 

What's new?  Not much,  I'm writing a novel...

photo credit: www.birding.in

No comments:

Post a Comment